- Puducherry Pollution Control Committee
- Puducherry Council for Science & Technology
- Puducherry Coastal Zone Management Authority
- State Level Environment Impact Assessment Authority
- Environmental Information System
- Dr. Abdul kalam Science centre and Planetarium
- Puducherry Climate Change Cell
PUDUCHERRY COUNCIL FOR SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
The Planning Commission, GOI has advised the U.T. Administration to set up an apex body to promote S&T applications in the U.T. of Puducherry. Accordingly, the Puducherry Council for Science & Technology was established in 1998 as an autonomous body under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Chief Minister (Minister for Science & Technology) with Chief Secretary as Vice Chairman. The Executive Committee of the Council is headed by the Secretary (Envt.) and Director (Envt.) is Member Secretary for the Council. The Council has been registered under the Societies Act, 1860. The Council functions with the financial support of DSTE, Puducherry & DST, GOI by way of Grants-in-aid.
- To identify areas for the application of S&T to the developmental needs of this Territory.
- To advise the Government on the formulation of the policies and measures which will promote applications of science & technology to the identified needs, objectives and goals.
- Financial assistance to pursuing research in the area of Science, Technology and Environment.
- Popularization of science among students and the public.
|Sr no.||Composition of the Puducherry Council for Science & Technology:|
|1.||Hon’ble Minister (Minister of S&T)||- Chairman|
|2.||Chief Secretary||- Vice-Chairman|
|3.||Development Commissioner||- Member|
|4.||Secretary (Finance)||- Member|
|5.||Secretary (Science & Technology)||- Member|
|6.||Secretary (Education)||- Member|
|7.||Secretary (Health)||- Member|
|8.||Secretary (Industries)||- Member|
|9.||Secretary (Agriculture)||- Member|
|10.||Director (JIPMER)||- Member|
|11.||Director (VCRC)||- Member|
|12.||Dean (RAGACOVAS)||- Member|
|13.||Nominee of Pondicherry University||- Member|
|14.||Nominee of Planning Commission, GOI||- Member|
|15.||Nominee of DST, GOI||- Member|
|16.||Non-official members||- Member|
|1.||Secretary (S&T)||- Chairman|
|2.||Secretary (Finance)||- Member|
|3.||Secretary (Education)||- Member|
|4.||Non-official member||- Member|
|5.||Director (DSTE)||- Member-Secretary|
MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THE COUNCIL
- Release of partial financial assistance for conduct of colloquia / seminars / conferences / workshops on S&T topics
- Release of Travel Grants:
- Student Project Funding Programme (SPFP):
- Organizing Sky Watching Activities
- S&T Publications:
- Grant of financial assistance to S&T related innovative projects:
- Patent Support:
- Mobile Science Exhibition Bus shows
- To bring out a Quarterly newsletter on S&T in bilingual by PCS&T and Pondicherry Science Forum.
- Conducting Quiz programs with school students in co-ordination with State Training Centre, DSE.
- To conduct sky watching program in the school.
- School students level space science awareness program at end of June month.
- To conduct Sky Watching Program once in a month in a fixed place for the benefit of the public in the U.T of Puducherry..
- PCS&T may initiate for awarding the “Nature Eco Club Award” every year. Evaluation team from TERI, CSE or any other agency be invited to prepare guidelines for selection.
- A student exchange programme from Puducherry & France vice versa for Interschool Exchange Program with the approval of Secretary (Education), Secretary (Science &Technology) and French Counsel can be taken up.
- To prepare a framework for “Innovative Project Funding for Students” by Restricting Rs.10, 000/- for a school.
- PCS&T will organize a Training of Trainers (TOT) for Science Teachers.
- PCS&T in co-ordination with STC will organize vocational program for students to various industrial places to get an idea on Bio Medical Waste (BMW), Sewage Treatment Plant (STP), Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP), air quality monitoring, air pollution control systems etc.
- To publish yearly Science and Technology calendar in co-ordination with STCon the S&T topics/themes which is scheduled to be circulated on October and finalised in November.
Dr.Abdul Kalam Science Centre and Planetarium
PSCP was inaugurated on 03-05-2015 and started functioning since 04-05-2015.
- An interactive and informal science learning space jointly developed by GoI and GoP.
- Has two exhibition halls viz., Marine Biology and Fun Science Galleries with over 100 exhibits.
- Marine Biology Gallery houses exhibits on marine - ecology, diversity, resources, threats, tourism and it is the only one of its kind in India.
- Fun Science Gallery is completely interactive in nature.
- The Planetarium is fully digitalized and automated. Planetarium shows are in Tamil and English alternatively.
- Other facilities includes children activity area and science demonstration hall.
- Also, out door playing exhibits for children's, conference hall and canteen facilities are available.
- Disabled friendly and free entry including escorts.
- Over 70,000 visitors have visited PSCP during May 2015.