Programmes & Schemes
- Grant- in - aid to the research projects on identified S&T thrust areas.
- Partial financial assistance for conduct of International/National conferences / Seminars / workshops on S&T topics.
- Travel Grant to Research Scholars to attend international workshops / conference.
- Setting up / up gradation of science labs in Govt. schools (to be done for colleges also).
- Celebration of important days of Scientific significance in the U.T. of Puducherry.
- Presentation of Best Science Student Awards.
- Organizing the Science Tours for the benefit of students.
- Science popularization/education programmes for the benefit of students.
- Issue of Consents / Authorizations / Environment and CRZ Clearances, monitoring and evaluation, issue of directions, taking cognizance of offence under Air, Water and Environment (Protection) Acts and are done.
- Planning comprehensive programme for the prevention of pollution.
- Advising the state government on all matters concerning the prevention of pollution and environment protection and conservation.
- Formulation of UT specific regulations like Plastic Ban Notification.
- Conducting studies related to prevention of pollution and environment protection and conservation.
- Studies on coastal erosion management and formulation of coastal restoration measures through NIOT.
- Creation of Environmental Awareness by celebration of World Environment Day, National Environment Month, World Ozone Day, Coastal Cleanup Day and World Conservation Day and others.
- Green Award for Industries and Environment Award for Individuals / organisations.
- Dissemination on Environmental Information through ENVIS website.
- Publication of Reports, News Letters and Pamphlets.
- Promoting sustainable industrial and building projects by installation of biogas plants, solar water heater, renewable energy measures, composting, rain water harvesting, zero waste and waste water disposal systems, utilization of treated waste water for non-potable use.
- Continuous Emission / Effluent monitoring for 17 Category of Highly Polluting Industries.
- Establishment of Science Centre, Puducherry by availing 50% grant from Ministry of Culture.
- ENVIS centre through financial assistance from Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- National Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Programme and National Water Quality Monitoring Programme of CPCB.
- Assistance for Abatement of Pollution – MoEF&CC – Purchase of equipments for lab.
- National Adaptation Fund for Climate Change.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 09-10-2020